Saturday, July 26, 2014

Under the milky way tonight: about romcoms, dreams come true and being back.

A really good new friend, that turned into super close twin soul super fast and that also blogs, told me she does it every once in a while (blogging), as often as she feels like it. I did it intensely the first two weeks after opening it (I think that a Blog it´s like gallery, a gallery of ideas where you exhibit what you think about certain subjects and develop your ideas through words, so, I opened it, like a spot you walk by in the streets) I eagerly talked about this and that and then got hooked into school and life, responsibilities and lost it for a few months, but this is retaking it, only knowing that I will do it just like this beautiful writer friend whose Poppy Red birthday color I like so much.

I write in first person, fearless of criticism; I am me and this is what I think of where I am right now. That is, living a dream I had since I was little.

I have always loved cinema, at some point I was so sure I would become a film director, a filmmaker, more independent than commercial, but still accesible, more like a Wachowski brother, because I love art and stuff, but I also like to fly first class and to be pampered by a swedish masseuse every now and then. So I would watch lots of movies, some of them were full milestones for me, like Luis Buñuel´s Belle de Jour or Won Kar Wai´s In The Mood For Love. I ended up studying communication, then cinema for a year (more like producing and appreciation, script writing than directing) and then Architecture from scratch, afterwards Interior Architecture and Design. This is not a subliminal way of showing you my resume, I´m actually making a point, although it usually takes me longer than the average person. Anyways I took a different path and I love it.

Eventually kept watching movies and Only You (1994) crossed my eyes in the movie theatre in Horton Plaza in San Diego´s downtown and got myself a ticket: I have always been very fond of Robert Downey Jr´s work, this one was a romcom (i love romcoms) and Marisa Tomei was in it, and that was the time when we all thought Marisa Tomei was going to be as big as Julia Roberts, so I watched it and loved it. Set in Italy,  in the story the couple takes a trip to the Amalfi Coast, to Positano, I was instantly mesmerized by the views, the setting in general was so beautiful, and by then Europe in general was only a dream to me (I went to Europe first in 1995), no idea where that was and in those days I was using internet mostly to chat via ICQ, no way browsing where that place was was even an option, so, I knew it was the coast of Italy and that´s it.

Romcom wise I have very good taste, in general I have very good taste but I´m even more tasteful when it comes to romcoms (my super twin soul also loves romcoms, that just one of the hundred things we share in common), so when Under The Tuscan Sun (2203) came out I went straight to the theatre and watched it, no matter the 500% more expensive price of the ticket, that was no issue, Diane Lane was in it and Sandra Oh made her first very big appearance. Alas! I loved it! How could´t I, my favorite elements were there, house make over, food, Italy, a story of success and a very handsome man, plus the Amalfi Coast with Limoncello and all. By then I was lucky enough to be going to Europe once or twice a year (among other continents, I of course expanded my horizons), and never visited the coast of Amalfi, then it became even more a dream, and not just a regular size one, but a humongously gigantic dream, a goal and a worth working for it one.

Now I write this lines in a beautiful terrace on top of the town of Amalfi (it´s more like a kinda bigger town than a small city, last night barefoot kids were running over the main street while smiling and shouting with enthusiasm, I guess they were playing, and city kids don't usually run without shoes in the main streets of their hometown cities), happy and feeling blessed to be here, the company is perfect, the weather it´s just right, super sunny the last three days and kinda of overcast and rainy today, giving me the opportunity to take a breath, seat in this privileged platform and retake this project of a blog (although I´m ok with it because I know the next two days are sunny and warm again). I can pour my bloody and  overgrown  heart in words of admiration for this place, whatever I have dreamed about here was surpassed by the actual experience of being here, all expectations covered, super scrumptious food, fabulous views left and right, awesome new experiences (I drove a boat for the first time, no supervision, twice, two hours every time), cristal clear turquoise waters where you swim as if in a swimming pool (although I haven't been able to conquer my fear of sharks I did swim for like 10 minutes and that´s something), perfect stary nights where you can totally (but like TOTALLY) see the milky way... and then play Under the Milky Way Tonight by the Church with your love by the side, this place it´s just magical.

Drops of water fall over the roofed pergola and it´s loud, it rains even harder now, I turn up the volume and play the church again, that track sets the perfect mood even during the day in this place.

Dreams come true, I know I am into this 11:11 thing and I embrace it with love and a big smile, all of it it´s true, at least for me. I once wished I could come here and live everything I am living right at this moment, it came true, ergo, dreams come true, as simple as that, I stay where I want to stay and tomorrow I´m heading to Le Sirenuse, the jewel that will crown this trip, and that´s like three days prior its end, so I know there´s even more to come. I am blessed, we are blessed, I say that with my writer friend (we are so close and so sharp when we are together... LOL), we say it like a joke but we mean it, 100%, I am blessed to be here and to see what I´ve seen, what I see and what I´m going to see (I was gonna say "gonna" but it seemed more appropriate "going to" to press more power and drama to the phrase).

I will tell you more about Le Sirenuse in Positano, you can check it out in my Tripadvisor profile, I am such a contributor there, I love to review stuff, and places are perfect to review, I´m usually very light hearted to score places, but I´m also blunt and brutally honest when it comes to say that a place is shit, Tripadvisor is for us (us) travelers and I would never betray the trust that´s been placed in me, this is no game, right?

2 comments:

  1. h my gosh, this post was SO amazing, and I so love the special little "super sharp" references! Also, we haven't talked about this, but six months ago when I was wondering how I was ever going to get back to Paris, I sat in bed and watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" on a cold rainy day and absolutely loved it! That's one other thing on the long long list of things we have in common (omg, another list! ;-) ). Anyway, it's great to hear where you started and how this dream came true, keep updating this blog when you feel like it :-), because I will surely be reading! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to know we have another thing in common!!! Sharpness is not easy to find in this world :D I wanna come back here... Lets

      Delete